Business Architect Program
Why the certification is relevant
Organisations are becoming increasingly dependent upon the ability to translate strategy into operational execution. Contemporary practice in industry emphasises the importance of closing the gap between disruptive forces, strategy, business model innovation and the organisation’s operating model change.
The Business Architect Program including Individual Performance Coaching is offered as a 5 days training program and is designed and certified by the Global University Alliance.
Download the ‘Lessons Learned from the APPLIED INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ARCHITECTURE INTENSIVE‘ poster.
Focus of the Business Architect
The Business Architect role focuses on developing and maintaining various business capabilities of the enterprise in line with the corporate strategy. Business architecture management and modelling skills are applied across various disciplines. This entails working with the most commonly used business architecture artefacts (i.e. maps, matrices and/or models), such as, but not limited to:
- Stakeholder Map with relevant actors, requirements as well as performance and value drivers.
- Capability Map with As-Is and To-Be capabilities.
- Value Stream which sorts the capabilities into groups.
- Value Chain which categorizes the capabilities according to the main and supporting flows as well as customer value proposition.
- Business Model innovation and transformation potential.
- Critical Information Flows.
- Relevant Business Workflows.
- Value and performance potential around the Operating Model.
The Business Architect Program can be integrated into any relevant organisation. It does so by adding theory, practice and modelling capabilities to the practitioner’s skill set.
The individual registration fee of €9,800 Euro (excl. VAT) covers tuition, handouts, case materials and conference facilities. Travel and accommodations is not included.
Important to note is that the Business Architect Program requires input from interested parties as the program is tailored to each individual, team or organization and is customized with planned dates and location.
The program includes:
- 5 days of classroom training
- Individual Performance Coaching
- 1 Business Architect Certificate
To request a customized or closed program, or if you have questions about registration or multi-attendee discounts, please contact us.
Individual Performance Coaching
It is only through coaching and building on the participant’s existing knowledge that capabilities are gained and applied.
Individual Performance Coaching is an integrated element of the Business Architect education and training program to ensure that the frameworks, methods, approaches, and modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan.
The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in both innovation and transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, we will certify you as a Business Architect.
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for professionals with 3+ years of business and/or IT experience:
- Directors: Business Executives and Owners, LoB Directors and LoB Owners.
- Managers: Business Managers, Project Managers, Process Managers, Service Managers and IT Managers.
- Architects: Value Architects, Process Architects, Enterprise Architects, Technology Architects, Solution Architects, Application Architects, Business Architects, Service Architects, Information/Data Architects, and Technology Architects.
- Specialists: Business Analysts, Strategy eXperts, Value eXperts, Process Specialists, Method Specialists (TOGAF, Zachman, MoFA practitioners), Quality/Production/Manufacturing Specialists, Technology Specialists, and Enterprise Engineers.
- Consultants: Business Consultants, Process Consultants, Value Consultants, Infrastructure Consultants and Transformation Consultants.
Enterprise Standards Used
The following standards are the typical sets of standards that a Business Architect uses:
OMG (Software Standards):
- UML – Unified Modelling Language
- BPMN – Business Process Modelling Notations
- BAMM – Business Architecture Meta Model
LEADing Practice (Enterprise Standards):
- Emerging & Disruptive Business Forces & Trends
- Business Architecture Ontology
- Business Architecture Taxonomy
- Business Architecture Classification & Categorisation
- Business Architecture Artefacts
- Business Architecture Modelling Notations (BAMN)
- Business Architecture Lifecycle
- Business Architecture Meta Model
- Strategy Lifecycle
- Open Group Business Architecture
- Zachman Framework
- ITIL 3 (IT delivery concept)
- COBIT (Governance)