The Process Analyst Program ensures that each participant gets intensive classroom education and training in specific business process management (BPM) and process modelling skills within the following disciplines:
- Business Process Principles: BPR, Six Sigma, TQM and LEAN process tracking, process pain points and process bottlenecks.
- BPMN 2.0: BPMN 2.0 notations, tasks, objects, activities, events, gateways as well as eXtended BPMN.
- Process Monitoring: Identify, categorize and develop organizational process control and monitoring and link them to the organizational reporting (e.g. scorecards, dashboards and cockpits).
- Value-based Process Modelling: Process mapping based on strategy and value principles and process value clusters.
- Continuous Improvement Approach: Process ownership, measurements, monitoring, continuous improvement and process change methods.
It is only through coaching and building on the participant’s existing knowledge that capabilities are gained and applied.
Individual Performance Coaching is an integrated element of the Process Analyst education and training program to ensure that the frameworks, methods, approaches, and modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan.
The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in both innovation and transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Process Analyst.