Information Architect Program
Why the certification is relevant
With the ever growing amount of structured and unstructured information and with the increasing emphasis on information architecture, both Gartner and Forrester have recently put a spotlight on the Information Architect to be one of the most important IT roles on todays global markets.
The Information Architect Program including Individual Performance Coaching is offered as a 5 days training program and is designed and certified by the Global University Alliance.
Focus of the Information Architect
The Information Architect Program has been structured to build on the existing capabilities of the practitioner, and to infuse a new way of thinking, working and modelling.
It combines a mix of information architecture skills (e.g. taxonomy, ontology, and artefacts such as application and data maps, matrices and models) with enterprise architecture to enable technology architecture and modelling disciplines to be managed effectively by the practitioner. The program is based on both theoretical as well as hands-on modelling around disciplines such as business layer modelling, information layer modelling and technology layer modelling.
The Information Architect Program can be integrated into any relevant organisation. It does so by adding theory, practice and modelling capabilities to the practitioner’s skill set.
Individual Performance Coaching
It is only through coaching and building on the participant’s existing knowledge that capabilities are gained and applied.
Individual Performance Coaching is an integrated element of the Information Architect education and training program to ensure that the frameworks, methods, approaches, and modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan.
The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in both innovation and transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Information Architect.
The individual registration fee of €9,800 Euro (excl. VAT) covers tuition, handouts, case materials and conference facilities. Travel and accommodations is not included.
Important to note is that the Information Architect Program requires input from interested parties as the program is tailored to each individual, team or organization and is customized with planned dates and location.
The program includes:
- 5 days of classroom training
- Individual Performance Coaching
- 1 Information Architect Certificate
To request a customized or closed program, or if you have questions about registration or multi-attendee discounts, please contact us.
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for professionals with 3+ years of business and/or IT experience:
- Specialists: Information specialist, Data Mining Specialist, Data Analyst, Data Operator, Data Processor, Data modeller, Data technician, Data Steward, Data Entry, Visual Information Specialist, Application Programmer, Application Developer, Application Engineer, Data Method Specialist, Application Technical specialist and Project Manager.
- Consultants: Data Consultant, Information Consultant, IT Consultant, Application Consultant and System Consultant.
- Architects: Information Architect, Data-integration Architect, Application-oriented Information Architect, Content-oriented Information Architect, Data Architects, Application Architects, Information Architect, Solution Architects and Enterprise Architects and Virtual Infrastructure Architect.
- Managers: Data Manager, Information System Manager, Application Manager, Network Manager, Application Support Manager and Application Administrator.
- Directors: Data Owner, Information Owner, Application Owner, LoB Director and LoB Owner.
Enterprise Standards Used
The following standards are the typical sets of standards that a Information Architect uses:
OMG (Software Standards):
- BPMN – Business Process Modelling Notations
- CMMN – Case Management Modelling Notations
- UML – Unified Modelling Language
LEADing Practice (Enterprise Standards):
- Emerging & Disruptive Information Trends & Forces
- Information Ontology
- Information Taxonomy
- Information Classification & Categorisation
- Information Artefacts
- Information Architecture Modelling
- Information Lifecycle
- Information Meta Model
- Open Group Business Architecture
- ISO 42010 Systems & Software Engineering
- Zachman Framework (Interrogatives)
- ITIL 3 (IT delivery concept)
- COBIT (Governance)