Process Owner Program
The speed of business changes is increasing, and because of this, the work of the process owner becomes more complex and demanding. In most organizations the process owner is both responsible for the governance of processes, their performance as well as continuous improvement. For most organizations this also includes defining the process mission, vision, goals, and objectives, and relating it to the various business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and the measures that are a part of multiple reports, and align with the organization’s decision making and strategies.
Process owners monitor and report process performance against these KPIs and on the health of execution versus established plans. Furthermore, they are involved in synchronizing process improvement plans with other process owners within the value chain and other interconnected processes. Their process aim is to continuously increase the maturity of the processes and sustain each level of maturity.
The training program is designed to act as a knowledge build-up to business people who have process ownership and focuses on specialized skills in this direction. The program has been structured in a way to build upon the existing competencies of the practitioner, but most importantly with a main focus on developing new process focused skills through the use of our unique strategic, managerial and operational process principles. The overall goal is to infuse the process owner with an entirely new way of thinking, working, modelling and governing with business processes.
This is done through intensive online training (classroom is also an option), in-depth tutoring and coaching coupled with hands-on project experience. The learning route of the program has been designed around 3 areas;
- Strategic Process Owner (executive/director focus) which requires 1 day of training.
- Tactical Process Owner (management focus) which requires 1 day of training.
- Operational Process Owner (execution focus) which requires 2 days of training.
The Process Owner Program including Individual Performance Coaching is offered as a 4 days training program and is designed and certified by the Global University Alliance.
Process Owner Disciplines
The Process Owner Program aims to deliver actual, practical and hands-on experience by using all of these disciplines in context with real-life process-oriented projects. This ensures the highest level of knowledge transfer and skills building to meet today’s organizations cross-disciplinary competency requirements for professionals involved in process-oriented initiatives.
The program provides the practitioner with an extensive toolkit and profound knowledge of the LEAD Enterprise Standards and Industry Standards as well as highly detailed and descriptive Process Reference Content.
The learning model is based on an intensive training module supported by indepth Individual Performance Coaching on a selected project. The hands-on experience ensures that strategic management, tactical administration and operational execution skills are applied around the following disciplines:
The needed skill for abstraction level for a Process Owner:
- Conceptual: Theoretical, abstract and intangible – the high level description of the logical way of working.
- Context: Situation, milieu/environment and perspective to the organizations business model.
- Concrete: Tangible, existing and actual to the organizations operating model.
- Descriptive and specification: Explanation, depiction/sketch and portrayal often using a process map, matrix and/or model.
- Design: plan, intend and aim.
The individual registration fee of €7,900 Euro (excl. VAT) covers tuition, handouts, case materials and conference facilities. Travel and accommodations is not included.
Important to note is that the Process Owner Program requires input from interested parties as the program is tailored to each individual, team or organization and is customized with planned dates and location.
The program includes:
- 4 days of online training (classroom possible)
- Individual Performance Coaching
- 1 Process Owner Certificate
To request a customized or closed program, or if you have questions about registration or multi-attendee discounts, please contact us.
Individual Performance Coaching
It is only through coaching and building on the participant’s existing knowledge that Process Owner capabilities are gained and applied.
Individual Performance Coaching is an integrated element of the Process Owner Program to ensure that the frameworks, methods, approaches, and modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan.
The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in both innovation and transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Process Owner.
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for professionals with 3+ years of business and/or IT experience:
- Specialists: Process eXpert, Business Analyst, Process Specialist, Process Method Specialist (BPR, Six Sigma, TQM and/or LEAN practitioner) and Quality/Production/Manufacturing Specialist.
- Consultants: Process Consultant, Service Consultant, Business Consultant and Transformation Consultant.
- Architects: Process Architect, Enterprise Architect, Technology Architect, Solution Architect, Application Architect, Business Architect, Service Architect, Information/Data Architect and Value Architect.
- Managers: Business Managers, Service Managers, Operational Managers, Project Managers and BPM responsible.
- Directors: Business Executives, Business Owners, LoB Directors and LoB Owners.