Data Architect Program
Why the certification is relevant
A Data Architect is a practitioner of data architecture, a data management discipline concerned with designing, creating, deploying and managing an organisation’s data architecture.
Data Architects define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. After assessing your organisation’s potential data sources (internal and external), Data Architects design a plan to standardise, integrate, centralise, protect and maintain them. This allows other employees to access critical information in the right place, at the right time.
In today’s global market, Data Architects are required to be analytical and problem-solving, effective communicators, experts in data management as well as possess a great deal of industry knowledge.
The Data Architect Program including Individual Performance Coaching is offered as a 5 days training program and is designed and certified by the Global University Alliance.
Focus of the Data Architect
The Data Architect Program has been structured to build on the existing capabilities of the practitioner, and to infuse a new way of thinking, working and modelling. It combines a mix of information architecture skills (e.g. data taxonomy, ontology, and artefacts such as data maps, matrices and models) with enterprise architecture to enable technology architecture and modelling disciplines to be managed effectively by the practitioner.
The Data Architect Program can be integrated into any relevant organisation. It does so by adding theory, practice and modelling capabilities to the practitioner’s skill set.
Individual Performance Coaching
It is only through coaching and building on the participant’s existing knowledge that capabilities are gained and applied.
Individual Performance Coaching is an integrated element of the Data Architect education and training program to ensure that the frameworks, methods, approaches, and modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan.
The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in both innovation and transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Data Architect.
The individual registration fee of €9,800 Euro (excl. VAT) covers tuition, handouts, case materials and conference facilities. Travel and accommodations is not included.
Important to note is that the Data Architect Program requires input from interested parties as the program is tailored to each individual, team or organization and is customized with planned dates and location.
The program includes:
- 5 days of classroom training
- Individual Performance Coaching
- 1 Data Architect Certificate
To request a customized or closed program, or if you have questions about registration or multi-attendee discounts, please contact us.
Who Should Attend
The Data Architect Program is designed for professionals with 3+ years of business and/or IT experience:
- Specialists: Data Mining Specialist, Data Analyst, Data Operator, Data Processor, Data Modeller, Data Technician, Data Steward, Data Entry, Visual Information Specialist, Application Programmer, Application Developer, Application Engineer, Data Method Specialist, Application Technical specialist.
- Consultants: Data Consultant, IT Consultant, Application Consultant and System Consultant.
- Architects: Data Architect, Application Architect, Information Architect, Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect and Virtual Infrastructure Architect.
- Managers: Data Manager, Information System Manager, Application Manager, Network Manager, Application Support Manager, Application Administrator and Project Manager.
- Directors: Data Owner, Information Owner, Application Owner, LoB Director and LoB Owner.
Enterprise Standards Used
The following standards are the typical sets of standards that a Data Architect uses:
OMG (Software Standards):
- BPMN – Business Process Modelling Notations
- CMMN – Case Management Modelling Notation
- UML – Unified Modelling Language
LEADing Practice (Enterprise Standards):
- Emerging & Disruptive Data Trends & Forces
- Data Ontology
- Data Taxonomy
- Data Classification & Categorisation
- Data Artefacts
- Data Architecture Modelling
- Data Lifecycle
- Data Meta Model
- ISO 42010 Systems & Software Engineering
- Zachman Framework (Interrogatives)
- ITIL 3 (IT delivery concept)
- COBIT (Governance)