Value realization is one of the most challenging disciplines today, but the Value eXpert certification program is uniquely designed with value modelling training and project mentoring in the participant’s own existing company projects. This ensures highest level of knowledge transfer and skills building to meet today’s organizations cross-disciplinary competency requirements for professionals involved in new and existing projects.
The Value eXpert certification program has been structured to build on the existing competencies of the practitioner and infuse a new way of thinking, working and modelling. This is done through intensive classroom training, in-depth tutoring and coaching throughout the modules, as well as with hands-on project experience where you apply the acquired transformation, change and innovation modelling techniques and its related disciplines.
The Value eXpert certification program is based on an intensive classroom training module supported by in-depth individual performance mentoring on a selected project. The hands-on experience ensures that the business value management and modelling skills are applied within the following disciplines:
- Value: Value expectations and requirements (e.g. service, process, data, etc.), value drivers (external and internal), value bottlenecks/value clusters, value measurements, value maps, matrices and models, revenue model, value-based costing, value-based modelling as well as value management.
- Performance: Performance expectations and requirements (e.g. service, process, data, etc.), performance drivers (external and internal), performance bottlenecks, performance measurements, business performance indicators (BPIs) and key performance drivers in performance maps, matrices and models as well as performance management.
- Measurements: Business measurements in terms of value and performance measurements as well as system measurements in terms of system key performance indicators (KPIs) and process performance indicators (PPIs), cockpits, scorecards and dashboards.
- Strategy Modelling: Strategy matrix with strategic business objectives (SBOs), critical success factors (CSFs) and business competency groups and balanced scorecard map with strategic business objectives (SBOs), critical success factors (CSFs) and value and performance models.
Individual Performance Mentoring
It is only through mentoring and building on the existing knowledge that competencies are gained and applied. The Individual Performance Mentoring (IPM) is an integrated element of the Value eXpert certification path to ensure the frameworks, methods, models, modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan. The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Value eXpert.
Value Of This Certification Program
At the end of this program, you will be able to work effectively and efficiently within:
Way of Thinking
- Identify value and performance requirements
- Focus on value issues and weaknesses cluster
- Develop value and performance standards
- Ensure value measurements (across areas)
- Apply continuous business value improvements
Relation to Strategy
- Captures value expectations and drivers
- Aligns value drivers to business strategy
- Defines value innovation and transformation
Way of Working
Task & Services
- Work with business owners and value stakeholders
- Identify strategic business objectives (SBOs) and critical success factors (CSFs)
- Define value expectations and drivers
- Develop value guidelines and measurements
- Ensure value reporting and decision flow
The needed skill for abstraction level for an Value eXpert
- Concrete (tangible, existing and actual)
- Descriptive and specification (explanation, depiction/sketch and portrayal often using a map, matrix and/or model)
- Design (plan, intend and aim)
Way of Modelling
Define, develop and create the following maps, matrices and/or models:
- Forces & Drivers (internal and external)
- Business Competency
- Business Workflow, Rules, Requirement
- Value Measurements & Reporting
- Business Case
- Requirement decisions
- Business value drivers and IT value drivers
- Scenarios decisions
- Value rules
- Value flow and measurements
- Specific value area or group
- Value/performance solutions
- Value/performance projects
- Value/performance flows
Way of Governance
The Way of Governance is the act of governing what exist or in the process of getting developed/deployed. The Way of Value Governance is therefore an essential part of developing a holistic and integrated value approach to verify and ensure value identification and creation for the organization. In the context of value modelling principles, the course participant will learn to think and split their work into the relevant value lifecycle.
The lifecycle thinking is vital as it represents the course of developmental changes through which the value components evolve in terms of innovation and/or transformation as it passes during its lifetime. From value planning, value identification, value creation and value realization. It is however important to consider that the value lifecycle is often combined with other lifecycles (e.g. process and/or application):
The value experts and value architects can thereby work with the value lifecycle and its different set of steps/phases in which each phase uses the results of the previous one. It provides a sequence of phases and activities that interact with other objects and artifacts to identify, create and realize the needed value.
Our curriculum is a professional and globally recognized career path built on international standards that are in use today. Our career path offers a certified Value eXpert the opportunity to become a certified Business Architect, Value Architect, Transformation Architect, LEAD Enterprise Architect or a Chief Enterprise Architect.
Designed for professionals with >3-5 years of experience:
- Specialist: Value eXpert, Change Management Specialist, Business Analyst, Process Specialist, Process Method Specialist (BPR, Six Sigma, TQM and/or LEAN practitioner), Technology Specialist, Business Specialist, Software Engineer, Value Method Specialist, Value Architect and Quality/Production/Manufacturing Engineer.
- Consultant: Value Consultant, Business Consultant, Transformation Consultant, Change Consultant and Process Consultant.
- Architect: Value Architect, Enterprise Architect, Technology Architect, Solution Architect, Application Architect, Process Architect, Business Architect, Service Architect and Information/Data Architect.
- Manager: Business Manager Change Manager, Transformation Responsible, Process Manager and Project Manager.
- Director: Business Owner, LoB Director and LoB Owner.
Price $9,800 USD (EXCL. VAT)
This certification program includes:
- 3 x 1.5 hours of digital pre-recorded sessions
- 5 days of classroom training
- Individual Performance Mentoring during the course
- 1 Certificate
If two or more participants from your organization are participating in this certification program, you will have the opportunity to use your own value models and thereby work on a personalized case for your company.
Location & Dates
22-26 February 2016: London, United Kingdom
26-30 September 2016: New York, USA