An alarming 72% of IT projects fail to deliver their actual targets. The Transformation Architect certification program is developed for professionals that are leading transformation in terms of optimization, cost cutting and change management as well as innovation projects like service renewal, improvements and core differentiation development. It is uniquely designed to meet today’s organizations cross-disciplinary transformation, innovation and value requirements. The Transformation Architect training modules are structured so that personal transformation modelling competencies as well as value and architecture competencies are gained and applied by combining classroom training with individual project mentoring on the participant’s specific transformation projects.
The Transformation Architect certification program has been structured to build on the existing transformation, optimization, innovation and change competencies of the practitioner while infusing a new way of transformation thinking, working and modelling. This is done through intensive class-room training, in-depth transformation and architectural tutoring and coaching throughout the modules, as well as hands-on project experience where you apply the acquired modelling and its related disciplines. Therefore, the Transformation Architect certification program does not only transfer knowledge, it builds advanced transformation skills and competencies as well.
The Transformation Architect certification program is based on four intensive classroom training modules supported with in-depth individual performance mentoring on a specific project. The hands-on experience ensures that the innovation, transformation and value management skills are applied within the following disciplines:
- Innovation: Business model innovation, competitive positioning, strategy development and modelling, service model innovation, revenue model innovation, value model innovation, channel development, social media development and innovation.
- Transformation: Business model engineering and transformation, business competency/function duplication, business pain points, service ownership, continuous service improvement approach and operating model weakness clusters, performance bottlenecks, value model clusters as well as operating model re-engineering and renewal and cost model.
- Value: Value expectations and requirements (e.g. service, process, data, etc.), value drivers (external and internal), value bottlenecks/value clusters, value measurements, value maps, matrices and models, revenue model, value-based costing, value-based modelling as well as value management.
- Performance: Performance expectations and requirements (e.g. service, process, data, etc.), performance drivers (external and internal), performance bottlenecks, performance measurements, business performance indicators (BPIs) and key performance drivers in performance maps, matrices and models as well as performance management.
- Measurements: Business measurements in terms of value and performance measurements as well as system measurements in terms of system key performance indicators (KPIs) and process performance indicators (PPIs), cockpits, scorecards and dashboards.
- Strategy Modelling: Strategy matrix with strategic business objectives (SBOs), critical success factors (CSFs) and business competency groups and balanced scorecard map with strategic business objectives (SBOs), critical success factors (CSFs) and value and performance models.
Following every 5 days of classroom training, each participant receives 0.5 days of Individual Performance Mentoring on a selected project.
Individual Performance Mentoring
It is only through mentoring and building on the existing knowledge that competencies are gained and applied. The Individual Performance Mentoring (IPM) is an integrated element of the Transformation Architect certification path to ensure the frameworks, methods, models, modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan. The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Transformation Architect.
Value Of This Certification Program
At the end of this program, you will be able to work effectively and efficiently within:
Way of Thinking
- Identify change requirements
- Identify value and performance requirements
- Focus on value issues and weaknesses cluster
- Develop value and performance standards
- Ensure value measurements (across areas)
- Apply continuous business value improvements
- Identify change requirements
- Ensure organizational change management
- Ensure change management
- Business Innovation & Transformation Enablement (BITE)
Relation to Strategy
- Captures corporate transformation strategy
- Define critical transformation success factors
- Identifies innovation and transformation needs and wants
- Captures value expectations and drivers
- Defines value Innovation and transformation
- Define change needs and wants to strategic alignment
Way of Working
Task & Services
- Work with business owners and value stakeholders
- Identify strategic business objectives (SBOs) and critical success factors (CSFs)
- Define value expectations and drivers
- Develop value guidelines and measurements
- Ensure value reporting and decision flow
- Identify stakeholder performance and value expectations
- Improve revenue, service and value model
- Optimize cost, operating and performance model
- Innovation and transformation maturity
- Identify level of change management need
- Define innovation and transformation measurements
- Enable value identification, creation and realization
The needed skill for abstraction level for a Transformation Architect
- Context (situation, milieu/environment and perspective)
- Contextual (appropriate, connected and related)
- Concrete (tangible, existing and actual)
- Descriptive and specification (explanation, depiction/sketch and portrayal often using a map, matrix and/or model)
- Design (plan, intend and aim)
Way of Modelling
A Transformation Architect defines, develops and creates the following maps, matrices and/or models:
- Forces & Drivers (internal and external)
- Change & Transformation Drivers
- Business Competency
- Revenue, Cost, Value and Performance
- Business Workflow, Rules, Measurements & Reporting, Requirements
- Value Measurements & Reporting
- Business Innovation & Transformation Enablement Method
- Application Innovation & Transformation Enablement Method
- Technology Innovation & Transformation Enablement Method
- Transformation Value/Business Case
- Requirement decisions; business value drivers and IT value drivers
- Scenarios decisions; value rules, flow and measurements
- Innovation decisions; value innovation and renewal
- Transformation decisions; effectiveness, efficiency, optimization and improvement
- Specific transformation areas
- Transformation programs
- Transformation projects
- Transformation architecture
Way of Governance
The Way of Governance is the act of governing what exist or in the process of getting developed/deployed. The Way of Value and Innovation & Transformation Governance is therefore an essential part of developing a holistic and integrated value approach to verify and ensure value identification and creation for the organization. In the context of value modelling principles, the course participant will learn to think and split their work into the relevant value lifecycle.
The lifecycle thinking is vital as it represents the course of developmental changes through which the value components evolve in terms of innovation and/or transformation as it passes during its lifetime. From value planning, value identification, value creation and value realization. It is however important to consider that the value lifecycle is often combined with other lifecycles e.g. process and or application:
The Value eXperts and Value Architects can thereby work with the value lifecycle and its different set of steps/phases in which each phase uses the results of the previous one. It provides a sequence of phases and activities that interact with other objects and artifacts to identify, create and realize the needed value.
Our curriculum is a professional and globally recognized career path built on international standards that are in use today. Our career path is developed to meet professionals and organizations need for cross-disciplinary competency creation and development. Based on a combination of the eXpert core modules, participants are offered the opportunity to specialize even further and certify in other Architect disciplines, such as the LEAD Enterprise Architect and Chief Enterprise Architect.
Designed for professionals with 3-10 years of experience:
- Specialist: Transformation eXpert, Change Management Specialist, Value eXpert, Business Analyst, Method Specialist, Technology Specialist, Business Specialist, Value Method Specialist, Value Engineer, Business Engineer and Transformation Engineer.
- Consultant: Transformation Consultant, Change Consultant, Business Consultant and Value Consultant.
- Architect: Enterprise Architect, Value Architect, Technology Architect, Solution Architect, Application Architect, Process Architect, Business Architect, Service Architect and Information/Data Architect.
- Manager: Business Manager, Change Manager, IT Manager and Project Manager.
- Director: Business Owner, LoB Director and LoB Owner.
Price €9,800 Euro (Excl. VAT)
This certification program includes:
- 6 x 1.5 hours of digital pre-recorded sessions
- 5 days of classroom training
- Individual Performance Mentoring during the course
- 1 Certificate
If two or more participants from your organization are participating in this certification program, you will have the opportunity to use your own innovation and transformation architecture models and thereby work on a personalized case for your company.
Location & Dates
Value eXpert certification dates:
22-26 February 2016: London, United Kingdom
26-30 September 2016: New York, USA
Transformation eXpert certification dates:
08-12 February 2016: Sydney, Australia
23-27 May 2016: Ottawa, Canada
21-15 November 2016: Frankfurt, Germany