Technology, in terms of platform and infrastructure modelling, play a vital role in business and IT design and execution. Therefore the Technology eXpert certification program is uniquely designed with technology (platform and infrastructure) modelling techniques and project mentoring in the participant’s own existing company projects. This ensures the highest level of knowledge transfer and skills building to meet today’s organizations cross-disciplinary competency requirements for professionals involved in IT projects.
The Technology eXpert certification program has been structured to build on the existing competencies of the practitioner and infuse a new way of thinking, working and modelling. This is done through intensive class-room training, in-depth tutoring and coaching throughout the modules, as well as with hands-on project experience where you apply the acquired platform and infrastructure modelling techniques and its related disciplines.
The Technology eXpert certification program is based on an intensive classroom training module supported with in-depth Individual performance mentoring on a selected project. The hands-on experience ensures that the platform and infrastructure management and modelling skills are applied within the following tracks:
- Technology Layer Modelling: Platform component (e.g. logical/physical), devices and services as well as infrastructure component (e.g. logical/physical) and infrastructure service.
Individual Performance Mentoring
It is only through mentoring and building on the existing knowledge that competencies are gained and applied. The Individual Performance Mentoring (IPM) is an integrated element of the Technology eXpert certification path to ensure the frameworks, methods, models, modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan. The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Technology eXpert.
Value Of This Certification Program
At the end of this program, you will be able to work effectively and efficiently within:
Way of Thinking
- Identify platform and infrastructure requirements
- Platform design strategy
- Focus on platform and infrastructure development and configuration (enterprise/solutions/projects)
- Develop platform and infrastructure standards
- Ensure platform and infrastructure integration, harmonization, consolidation and testing
- Maintain and optimize platform and infrastructure
Relation to Strategy
- Define platform and infrastructure services linked to business services
- Develop platform and infrastructure solutions based on business/technology requirements
- Develop platform and infrastructure solution based on operational objective and goals
- Develop technology maturity through the enterprise
Way of Working
Task & Services
- Define platform and infrastructure standardization and integration
- Define technology components (platform/infrastructure)
- Define platform devices
- Define platform/infrastructure rules
- Develop enterprise platform and infrastructure requirements
- Develop technology services (platform/infrastructure services)
- Ensure platform/infrastructure compliance to government, business rules, process and service rules
- Enable platform/infrastructure channels
- Set up platform/infrastructure media
- Enable devices to work with technology (platform/infrastructure)
- Benchmark platform/infrastructure maturity
The needed skill for abstraction level for a Technology eXpert
- Concrete (tangible, existing and actual)
- Descriptive and specification (explanation, depiction/sketch and portrayal often using a map, matrix and/or model)
- Execution (completing, performing and realizing)
Way of Modelling
A Technology eXpert defines, develops and creates the following maps, matrices and/or models:
- Platform and Infrastructure Requirement
- Platform and Infrastructure Rules
- Platform and Infrastructure Compliance
- Platform and Infrastructure Service
- Platform and Infrastructure Operating
- Platform and Infrastructure Maturity
- Platform and Infrastructure Interface
- Infrastructure Virtualization
- Infrastructure High Availability
- Technology Business/Value Case
- Platform and infrastructure options and decisions
- Platform and infrastructure set up possibilities and decisions
- Platform and infrastructure standardization and integration decisions
- Specific technology area
- Technology solution
- Technology project
Way of Governance
The Way of Governance is the act of governing what exist or in the process of getting developed/deployed. The Way of Platform & Infrastructure Governance is therefore an essential part of developing a holistic and integrated approach to verify and ensure value identification and creation. In the context of technology modelling principles, the course participant will learn to think and split their work into the relevant lifecycles (e.g. platform and infrastructure). The lifecycle thinking is vital as it represents the course of developmental changes through which the technology components evolve in terms of innovation and/or transformation as it passes during its lifetime. From technology analysis, technology strategy, technology components, technology tasks and technology service definition (platform/technology), technology operations, improvements and changes.
Thereby the technology lifecycle consists of a set of steps/phases in which each phase uses the results of the previous one. It provides a sequence of phases and activities for technology experts and technology architects. The specific lifecycles relevant for a technology expert are:
- Platform Lifecycle
- Infrastructure Lifecycle
Our curriculum is a professional and globally recognized career path built on international standards that are in use today. Our career path offers a certified Technology eXpert the opportunity to become a certified Technology Architect.
Designed for professionals with >3-5 years of experience:
- Specialist: Technology Specialist, Platform Specialist, Infrastructure Specialist, System Specialist, IT Infrastructure Engineer, Software Engineer, Method Specialist, Technical Infrastructure Specialist, Platform Analyst and Infrastructure Analyst.
- Consultant: Technology Consultant, Platform Consultant, Infrastructure Consultant and System Consultant.
- Architect: Technology Architect, Information/Data Architect, Application Architect, Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect and Virtual Infrastructure Architect.
- Manager: Technology manager, Infrastructure Manager, Platform Manager and Project Manager.
- Director: Technology Owner, Platform Owner, Infrastructure Owner, LoB Director and LoB Owner.
Price $9,800 USD (EXCL. VAT)
This certification program includes:
- 3 x 1.5 hours of digital pre-recorded sessions
- 5 days of classroom training
- Individual Performance Mentoring during the course
- 1 Certificate
If two or more participants from your organization are participating in this certification program, you will have the opportunity to use your own platform and infrastructure models and thereby work on a personalized case for your company.
Location & Dates
16 - 20 May 2016: San Fransisco, USA
15-19 August 2016: Hong Kong