Services is at the heart of an enterprise today and the Service eXpert certification program is uniquely designed with service modelling training and project mentoring in the participant’s own existing company projects. This ensures highest level of knowledge transfer and skills building to meet today’s organizations cross-disciplinary competency requirements for professionals involved in service projects.
The Service eXpert certification program has been structured to build on the existing competencies of the practitioner and infuse a new way of thinking, working and modelling. This is done through intensive class-room training, in-depth tutoring and coaching throughout the modules, as well as with hands-on project experience where you apply the acquired services modelling techniques and its related disciplines.
The Service eXpert certification program is based on an intensive classroom training module supported with in-depth individual performance mentoring on a selected project. The hands-on experience ensures that the business service management and modelling skills are applied within the following disciplines:
- Business Service Management: Service ownership, service roles, continuous service improvement approach and service level agreements (SLAs), service media and service channel.
- Service Modelling: Service flow with service provider and service consumer, service pain points, service weakness clusters/bottlenecks, service value clusters, service rules, service compliance, business service measurements and service modelling.
- Service Measures: Service level agreements (SLAs), business service measurements and system service measurements.
- Automated Services: Application services, data services, platform services, infrastructure services, service construct/delivery, service roles, service flow (service provider and service consumer) and automated service measurements.
Individual Performance Mentoring
It is only through mentoring and building on the existing knowledge that competencies are gained and applied. The Individual Performance Mentoring (IPM) is an integrated element of the Service eXpert certification path to ensure the frameworks, methods, models, modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan. The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Service eXpert.
Value Of This Certification Program
At the end of this program, you will be able to work effectively and efficiently within:
Way of Thinking
- Identify service requirements
- Focus on service issues and weaknesses clusters
- Develop service standards
- Ensure service integration (across business areas)
- Enable service renewal
- Continuous service improvement
Relation to Strategy
- Link service model to service strategy
- Aligns business services to business goals
- Service innovation based on critical success factors
- Links service construct to Business Model transformation
Way of Working
Task & Services
- Work with service owner
- Identify service flow (provider and consumer)
- Service construct and delivery
- Service level agreements (SLAs) and service measurements
- Benchmark service maturity
- Define service media
- Create and/or optimize service channel
- Develop service tiers
The needed skill for abstraction level for a Service eXpert
- Design (plan, intend and aim)
- Concrete (tangible, existing and actual)
- Descriptive and specification (explanation, depiction/sketch and portrayal often using a map, matrix and/or model)
Way of Modelling
A Service eXpert defines, develops and creates the following maps, matrices and/or models:
- Business, Application and Technology Service
- Service Requirements
- Service Workflow (provider and consumer)
- Service Objects
- Service Performance
- Service Measurement & Reporting
- Service Owner
- Service Roles
- Service Rules
- Service Media
- Service Channel
- Service Maturity
- Service Transformation
- Service Value/Business Case
- Requirement decisions
- Service construct decisions
- Service scenario decisions (rules, flow and measurements)
- Service tier decisions
- Enterprise-wide service renewal
- Service area and service groups
- Specific service solution
- Service projects
- Service flows
Way of Governance
The Way of Governance is the act of governing what exist or in the process of getting developed/deployed. The Way of Service Governance is therefore an essential part of developing a holistic and integrated service approach to verify and ensure value identification and creation for the organization. In the context of service modelling principles, the course participant will learn to think and split their work into the relevant service lifecycle. The lifecycle thinking is vital as it represents the course of developmental changes through which the service components evolve in terms of innovation and/or transformation as it passes during its lifetime. From service analysis, service design, service implementation and continuous service improvements.
Thereby the service lifecycle consists of a set of steps/phases in which each phase uses the results of the previous one. It provides a sequence of phases and activities for service experts and service architects.
Our curriculum is a professional and globally recognized career path built on international standards that are in use today. our career path offers a certified Service eXpert the opportunity to become a certified Service Architect or a Chief Enterprise Architect.
Designed for professionals with >3-5 years of experience:
- Specialist: Service eXpert, Service-oriented Specialist, Business Analyst, Process Specialist, Process Method Specialist (BPR, Six Sigma, TQM and/or LEAN practitioner), Technology Specialist, Business Specialist, Software Engineer, Value Method Specialist, Quality/Production/Manufacturing Engineer and Business Service Engineer.
- Consultant: Service Consultant, Value Consultant, Business Consultant, Transformation Consultant, Change Consultant and Process Consultant.
- Architect: Service-oriented Architect, Service Architect, Enterprise Architect, Technology Architect, Solution Architect, Application Architect, Process Architect, Business Architect, Information/Data Architect and Value Architect.
- Manager: Service Manager, Service Channel Manager, Business Manager, Quality Manager and responsible, Process Manager and Project Manager.
- Director: Service and Business Owner, LoB Director and LoB Owner.
Price $9,800 USD (EXCL. VAT)
This certification program includes:
- 3 x 1.5 hours of digital pre-recorded sessions
- 5 days of classroom training
- Individual Performance Mentoring during the course
- 1 Certificate
If two or more participants from your organization are participating in this certification program, you will have the opportunity to use your own service models and thereby work on a personalized case for your company.
Location & Dates
06-10 June 2016: Zurich, Switzerland
12-16 September 2016: New York, USA