With the increased focus on creating and improving processes and as a key bridge between business and process-focused technology, the Process Architect certification program is aimed at professionals leading an organization’s business process management (BPM) and enterprise architecture (EA) engagements. It has been uniquely designed to meet today’s organizations cross-disciplinary process and enterprise architecture modelling based on a firm understanding of the process and architecture lifecycles of the enterprise, and the establishment of appropriate collaboration and governance processes. This process architecture program provides the business context, modelling principles, and the right tools such as maps, matrices and models to translate business vision and strategy into architectural change. Both are needed for sustainable continuous improvement.
The Process Architect certification modules have been structured so that process and enterprise architecture modelling competencies are gained and applied by combining classroom training with individual project mentoring on the participant’s own company specific projects. The certification program builds on the existing competencies and knowledge of the practitioner while infusing a new way of thinking, working and modelling. This is done through intensive class-room training, in-depth tutoring and coaching throughout the modules, as well as with hands-on project experience where you apply the acquired process and enterprise architecture modelling techniques and its related disciplines.
The Process Architect certification program is based on four intensive classroom training modules supported with in-depth individual performance mentoring on a selected project. The hands-on experience ensures that the process and enterprise architecture modelling and management skills are applied within the following disciplines:
- Business Process Principles: BPR, Six Sigma, TQM and LEAN process tracking, process pain points and process bottlenecks.
- BPMN 2.0: Process modelling notations, tasks, objects, activities, events, gateways and eXtended BPMN.
- Process Monitoring: Identify, categorize and develop organizational process control and monitoring and link them to the organizational reporting (e.g. scorecards, dashboards and cockpits).
- Value-based Process Modelling: Process mapping based on strategy and value principles and process value clusters.
- Continuous Improvement Approach: Process ownership, process office, measurements, monitoring, continuous improvement approach and process change methods.
- Architectural Business Layer Modelling: Business model, service model, process modelling, business workflow, business and system measurements, scorecards, dashboards and cockpits.
- Architectural Application Layer Modelling: Application component (e.g. logical/physical), application feature, functionality, task and service and data component, entity and service and system flow.
- Technology Layer Modelling: Platform component (e.g. logical/physical), devices and services as well as infrastructure component (e.g. logical/physical) and infrastructure service.
Following every 5 days of classroom training, each participant receives 0.5 days of Individual Performance Mentoring on a selected project.
Individual Performance Mentoring
It is only through mentoring and building on the existing knowledge that competencies are gained and applied. The Individual Performance Mentoring (IPM) is an integrated element of the Process Architect certification path to ensure the frameworks, methods, models, modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan. The participant will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Process Architect.
Value Of This Certification Program
At the end of this program, you will be able to work effectively and efficiently within:
Way of Thinking
- Identify process requirements
- Focus on pain points, bottlenecks and benchmarking
- Develop process standardization
- Ensure process integration
- Continuous process improvement
Relation to Strategy
- Align business processes to operational goals
- Process innovation based on operational objectives
- Link activities to business model transformation
Way of Working
Task & Services
- Work with process owners, business owners and executives
- Define business and IT standardization and integration
- Define application, data, platform and infrastructure components, rules, compliance and security
- Define application components and modules
- Define information and data objects and system flow
- Design system measurements and reports
- Select application functions, tasks and services
- Select platform and infrastructure devices
- Identify and categorize process area and group
- Analyze, design and implement business processes
- Benchmark process maturity levels
- Define process standardization and integration
- Develop system cockpits, dashboards and scorecards
- Develop application and data functions, tasks, services, flows, channels and media
- Develop platform and infrastructure services, channels and media
- Build application roles, rules and compliance
- Deploy platform and infrastructure components and devices
- Apply application roles, rules and compliance
- Benchmark business and IT maturity
- Setup process measures and monitoring
The needed skill for abstraction level for a Process Architect
- Conceptual (theoretical, abstract and intangible) the high level description of the logical
- Context (situation, milieu/environment and perspective)
- Concrete (tangible, existing and actual)
- Descriptive and specification (explanation, depiction/sketch and portrayal often using a map, matrix and/or model)
- Design (plan, intend and aim)
- Execution (completing, performing and realization)
Way of Modelling
A Process Architect defines, develops and creates the following maps, matrices and/or models:
- Forces & Drivers
- Business Competency, Business Requirements
- Revenue, Cost, Value & Performance
- Operating, Service and Information
- Process (BPMN), Workflow, Object, Performance, Measurement & Reporting, Owner, Roles, Rules, Media, Channel, Maturity, Transformation and Requirements
- Application Roles, Rules, Compliance, Measurement & Reporting, Service, Operating, Maturity, Screen Flow and Interface, Requirements
- Data Service, Maturity, Screen Flow, Interface
- Technology Service, Rules, Distribution, Maturity, Virtualization, High Availability, Requirements
- Solution Requirement
- Business Case
- Requirement decisions; business value drivers and IT value drivers
- Requirement decisions; process, task, event and gateways
- Scenarios decisions; rules, flow and measurements
- Specific business area, process area, group or process
- Solutions and projects
- Information and process flow
Way of Governance
The Way of Governance is the act of governing what exist or in the process of getting developed/deployed. The Way of Process and Enterprise Architecture Governance is therefore an essential part of developing a holistic and integrated Enterprise Architecture approach to verify and ensure value identification and creation for the organization.
Enterprise Architecture & Process Lifecycle
In the context of enterprise architecture and process modelling principles, the course participant will learn to think and split their work into the relevant lifecycle phases. The lifecycle thinking is vital as it represents the course of developmental changes through which the enterprise architecture and process objects and artifacts change in terms of innovation and/or transformation as it passes during its lifetime. From analysis, design, solution/project implementation and continuous improvements.
Thereby the enterprise architecture and process lifecycle consists of a set of steps/phases in which each phase uses the results of the previous one. It provides a sequence of phases and activities for the Process Architect.
Thereby the process lifecycle consists of a set of steps/phases in which each phase uses the results of the previous one. It provides a sequence of phases and activities for process experts and Business Architects.
Our curriculum is a professional and globally recognized career path built on international standards that are in use today. Our career path is developed to meet professionals’ and organizations’ need for cross-disciplinary competency creation and development. Based on a combination of the eXpert core modules, participants are offered the opportunity to specialize even further and certify in other Architect disciplines, such as the LEAD Enterprise Architect and Chief Enterprise Architect.
Designed for professionals with 3-10 years of experience:
- Specialist: Process eXpert, Business Analysts, Process Specialist, Process Method Specialist (BPR, Six Sigma, TQM and/or LEAN practitioner), EA Method Specialist (TOGAF, Zachman, MoFA practitioner) and Quality/Production/Manufacturing Specialist and IT Consultant.
- Consultant: Process Consultant, Service Consultant, Business Consultant, Software Consultant and Transformation Consultant.
- Architect: Process Architect, Enterprise Architect, Technology Architect, Solution Architect, Application Architect, Business Architect, Service Architect, Information/Data Architect and Value Architect.
- Manager: Process Manager, Service Manager, Business Manager, IT Manager and Project Manager.
- Director: Process Owner, Business Owner, LoB Director and LoB Owner.
Price €9,800 Euro (Excl. VAT)
This certification program includes:
- 6 x 1.5 hours of digital pre-recorded sessions
- 5 days of classroom training
- Individual Performance Mentoring during the course
- 1 Certificate
If two or more participants from your organization are participating in this certification program, you will have the opportunity to use your own process architecture models and thereby work on a personalized case for your company.
Location & Dates
Enterprise Architecture eXpert certification dates:
04-08 June 2016: Ottawa, Canada
12-16 September 2016: Washingston DC, USA
17 - 21 October 2016: Sheffield, United Kingdom
Process eXpert certification dates:
30 Oct - 04 December 2016: Stockholm, Sweden
25-29 April 2016: Amsterdam, Netherlands
10-14 October 2016: Saarland University
14-18 November 2016: Chicago, USA