With the rising importance of Enterprise Architecture today, the Enterprise Architect certification program is uniquely designed with training in enterprise architecture modelling and engineering as well as project mentoring in the participant’s own existing company projects. This ensures highest level of knowledge transfer and skills building to meet today’s organizations cross-disciplinary competency requirements for professionals involved in new and existing projects.
The Enterprise Standards are packed as highly accessible “Reference Content” and is both agnostic and vendor neutral. It has been designed to be tailored and implemented by any organization, both large and small, regardless of the various frameworks, methods, products/services or activities that is currently being used. You will learn to use our Enterprise Standards and Reference Content within your Enterprise Architecture work.
The Enterprise Architect certification program has been structured to build on the existing competencies of the practitioner and to infuse a new way of thinking, working and modelling. This is done through intensive classroom training, in-depth tutoring and coaching throughout the modules, as well as hands-on project experience, where you apply the Enterprise Architecture modelling techniques and its related disciplines.
The Enterprise Architect certification program is based on an intensive classroom training module supported with in-depth individual performance mentoring on a selected project. The hands-on experience ensures that the Enterprise Architecture management and modelling skills are applied within the following disciplines:
- Business Layer Modelling: Business model, service model, process modelling, business workflow, business and system measurements, scorecards, dashboards and cockpits.
- Application Layer Modelling: Application component (e.g. logical/physical), application feature, functionality, task and service and data component, entity, service and system flow.
- Technology Layer Modelling: Platform component (e.g. logical/physical), devices and services as well as infrastructure component (e.g. logical/physical) and infrastructure service.
Individual Performance Mentoring
It is only through mentoring and building on the existing knowledge that competencies are gained and applied. The Individual Performance Mentoring (IPM) is an integrated element of the Enterprise Architect certification path to ensure that the frameworks, methods, models and modelling principles are customized, adopted and applied in a real-world project setting with a personalized action plan. The participants will discover how to drive forth fundamental changes within their organization and to achieve the objectives set in transformation projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will become a certified Enterprise Architect.
- Detailed analysis of existing EA frameworks, methods and approaches
- Market status of EA
- Common Objects between Enterprise Modelling, Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Engineering
- Architectural relations
- Findings around Business Modelling, Business Architecture and the effect to EA
- Findings around Business & Technology focus on Innovation & Transformation
- Enterprise Architecture Agile Concept
- Enterprise Architecture Decomposition & Composition
- Meta Objects, Relations & Templates
- Enterprise Architecture Reference Content
- Layered Architecture
- Innovation & Transformation Content
- Blueprint & Implementation
- Governance & Continuous Improvement
Value Of This Certification Program
At the end of this program, you will be able to work effectively and efficiently within:
Way of Thinking
- Business and IT (application, data, platform and infrastructure) design
- Identify business, process, IT, solution and technology requirements
- Focus on pain points, bottlenecks and benchmarking
- Focus on IT solution development, build, configuration and testing
- Develop business and IT standards and process standardization
- Establish IT standards
- Ensure IT and process integration
- Operate, maintain and optimize IT solutions
- Business Transformation & Innovation Enablement (BITE)
- Continuous process improvement
Relation to Strategy
- Secure strategic alignment
- Align architecture goal with requirements
- Align business processes to operational goals
- Align value drivers to business strategy
- Define Enterprise Architecture objectives
- Develop EA standards and policies
- Identify measurements and reporting needs
- Define transformation needs
- Process innovation based on operational objectives
- Links activities to Business Model transformation
Way of Working
Task & Services
- Work with business owners and executives
- Define business and IT standardization and integration
- Define application, data, platform and infrastructure components, rules, compliance and security
- Define application components and modules
- Define information and data objects and system flow
- Design system measurements and reports
- Select application functions, tasks and services
- Select platform and infrastructure devices
- Develop system cockpits, dashboards and scorecards
- Develop application and data functions, tasks, services, flows, channels and media
- Develop platform and infrastructure services, channels and media
- Build application roles, rules and compliance
- Deploy platform and infrastructure components and devices
- Apply application roles, rules and compliance
- Benchmark business and IT maturity
- Set up process measures and monitoring
The needed skill for abstraction level for an Enterprise Architect
- Conceptual (theoretical, abstract and intangible) high level description of the logical
- Context (situation, milieu/environment and perspective)
- Descriptive and Specification (explanation, depiction/sketch and portrayal often using a map, matrix and/or model)
- Design (plan, intend and aim)
- Execution (completing, performing and realizing)
Way of Modelling
An Enterprise Architect defines, develops and creates the following maps, matrices and/or models:
- Forces & Drivers
- Business Competency
- Revenue, Cost, Value and Performance
- Operating, Service and Information
- Process, Workflow and Rules
- Measurements & Reporting
- Business Requirement
- Technology Requirement, Service, Distribution, High Availability, Virtualization, Rules and Maturity
- Application Requirement, Roles, Rules, Compliance, Measurement & Reporting, Service, Operating, Maturity, Screen Flow, Interface
- Data Service, Maturity, Screen Flow, Interface
- Solution requirement
- Business Case
- Requirement decisions; business value drivers and IT value drivers
- Scenarios decisions; value rules, flow and measurements
- Specific business areas
- Service orientation
Way of Governance
The Way of Governance is the act of governing what exist or in the process of getting developed/deployed. The Way of Enterprise Architecture Governance is therefore an essential part of developing a holistic and integrated Enterprise Architecture approach to verify and ensure value identification and creation for the organization. In the context of Enterprise Architecture modelling principles, the course participant will learn to think and split their work into the relevant Enterprise Architecture lifecycle phases.
The lifecycle thinking is vital as it represents the course of developmental changes through which the Enterprise Architecture objects and artifacts change in terms of innovation and/or transformation as it passes during its lifetime. From Enterprise Architecture analysis, Enterprise Architecture design, solution/project implementation and continuous Enterprise Architecture improvements.
Our curriculum is a professional and globally recognized career path built on international standards that are in use today. Our career path offers a certified Enterprise Architect the opportunity to become a certified Business Architect, Process Architect, Information Architect, Technology Architect, LEAD Enterprise Architect and Chief Enterprise Architect.
Designed for professionals with >3-5 years of experience:
- Specialist: Technology Specialist, Business Specialist, Software Engineer, Method Specialist, IT Programmer, IT Scientist, IT Analyst, IT Designer, IT Support Specialist and IT Consultant, Software Engineer and Information/Data Architect, Infrastructure Engineer, Software Programmer & Engineer, Network System Analyst & Network Support Specialist.
- Consultant: Infrastructure Consultant, Business Consultant, Transformation Consultant, Change Consultant and Process Consultant. Software Consultant.
- Architect: Enterprise Architect, Technology Architect, Solution Architect, Application Architect, Process Architect, Business Architect, Service Architect, Information/Data Architect and Value Architect.
- Manager: Computer and Information Systems Management, IT Manager and Project Manager.
- Director: Business Owner, LoB Director and LoB Owner.
Price €9,800 Euro (Excl. VAT)
This certification program includes:
- 3 x 1.5 hours of digital pre-recorded sessions
- 5 days of classroom training
- Individual Performance Mentoring during the course
- 1 Certificate
If two or more participants from your organization are participating in this certification program, you will have the opportunity to use your own enterprise architecture models and thereby work on a personalized case for your company.
Location & Dates
17 - 21 October 2016: Sheffield, United Kingdom