Gartner identified that the single biggest Enterprise Architecture problem is having a Chief Architect who is an ineffective leader. Success in Enterprise Architecture is about people, political acumen, cross-disciplinary skills, perspective, pragmatism and performance. Building an effective Enterprise Architecture team remains a challenge for most organizations because of a shortage of collaborative people with the talents and personal skills required for Enterprise Architecture.
The Chief Enterprise Architect certification program has been especially designed to meet today’s cross-disciplinary requirements to lead teams and projects in adopting a common and structured way of thinking, working and modelling across transformation, innovation, enterprise architecture, value and performance, business processes, business services and information (application and data).
These tools enables the Chief Enterprise Architect to define the Enterprise Architecture process and the architecture review process as well as for leading the effective integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes.
The learning modules of this certification program uniquely combine classroom training with Individual Project Coaching on the participant’s own selected company projects. This enables the Chief Enterprise Architect to lead the effort to develop, maintain, govern and evolve the Enterprise Architecture program across the enterprise and to adapt Enterprise Architecture frameworks, methods, approaches, complimentary concepts and modelling principles to organizational dynamics and culture that are critical for successfully using Enterprise Architecture to transform the business with relevant, actionable guidance.
The program has been structured to build on the existing competencies of the participant while infusing a new way of thinking, working and modelling. This is where the participant applies the acquired modelling techniques in their related areas and disciplines.
At the end of this certification program, you will be able to:
- Lead the creation or evolution of the Enterprise Architecture function and program, including the coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture viewpoints.
- Understand, advocate and support the enterprise’s business and IT strategies — and participate in the strategy creation for a growing minority of cases.
- Lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements.
- Analyze the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyze industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise’s strategy and architecture requirements.
- Promote the Enterprise Architecture process, outcomes and results to the organization, including to the enterprise’s IT and business leaders.
- Work effectively and efficiently within advanced decomposition and composition modelling principles.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the Enterprise Architecture, based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- Ensure that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities (such as handling waivers) are associated with Enterprise Architecture compliance.
- Oversee Enterprise Architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities.
- Serve as the point of contact for all things relating to Enterprise Architecture.
- Collaborate with program/project teams to reconcile solutions to architecture.
- Identify organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the Enterprise Architecture.
- Oversee the effective communication of all Enterprise Architecture artifacts.
- Assess and communicate the successes and business value of Enterprise Architecture to key stakeholders.
The Chief Enterprise Architect certification program with Individual Performance Coaching is designed by the Global University Alliance.