Prof. Scheer Continues To Leave His Mark On This Generation
Prof. Dr. Dr. hc mult. August-Wilhelm Scheer, the father of today’s business process thinking, joins the Board of the Enterprise Standard organization LEADing Practice and the academic platform of the Global University Alliance.
Once again Prof. Scheer signs his name into the history books by joining the elite Board of Director, alongside with:
- John A. Zachman (Founder of Enterprise Architecture discipline)
- Prof. Mark von Rosing (Founder x-BPMN and Founder of the interconnection Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Engineering & Enterprise Modeling)
- Henrik von Scheel (Founder of the Enterprise Modelling discipline)
- Fred Cummins (Co-Chairman and standards pioneer) together with
Mikael Munck (COO of Saxo Bank)
- Henk Kuil (LEAD Enterprise Architect at KLM/ AirFrance)
- Rod Peacock (LEAD Architect at European Patent Office)
- Bas Bach (LEAD Business Architect at Dutch Railway)
- Thomas Christian Olsen (Head of SCM Operations at Novozymes)
The board is tasked, under the direction of Prof Mark von Rosing to develop a new breed of Enterprise Standards by strengthening the interconnection of Enterprise Modelling, Enterprise Engineering and Enterprise Architecture disciplines.
“We are honored to have Prof Scheer join the Board and thereby continue to leave his mark on this generation by setting a new agenda how organizations adopt open-source standards”, said Henrik von Scheel, Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Prof. Scheer states, “The reason I join the Board of Directors is that I want to participate in creating a new breed of Enterprise Standards that will benefit the entire industry.”
Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. August-Wilhelm Scheer is the father of existing Business Process thinking today. Founder of the Institute for Information Systems (IWi) at Saarland University and was its director for 30 years. His publications in the field of business information systems are today considered standard references and are very well known across the global market.
The Y-CIM production model, created by Prof. Scheer, serves as an overall framework for integrating operative information systems in the manufacturing industries.
Prof Scheer was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013 by the Global University Alliance on behave of +400 universities, in recognition of his long-term impact and contribution to evolve the academic world and organization’s structural thinking of how to apply enterprise modelling today.
Pushing the bar with his research and focus on information and business process management, Prof Scheer has, among others, brought to us:
- Link between processes and information.
- His contribution to the academic world: in 1975 Scheer took over one of the first chairs for information systems and founded the Institute for information Systems (IWI) at the Saarland University, which he led until 2005.
- His contribution to the Software world: In 1984 he founded IDS Scheer, a Business Process Management (BPM) software company, which is still today the market leader.
- His contribution to Enterprise Modelling: The ARIS House which is one of the first Enterprise Modelling concepts that combines and organizes information of an organization in five interrelated views: data, function, organization, output, and control.
- His contribution to the Process Modelling community: He developed among others 2 main concepts for Business Process Modelling: Business content in Value-added Chain Diagrams (VCD) and Process content in Event-driven Process Chains (EPC).
In 1984, he founded the international software and consulting company IDS Scheer AG. Until 2009 he expanded the business to become one of the leading IT companies in Germany. In 1997 he founded the imc AG located in Saarbrücken and in 2000 the Scheer Group GmbH which participates in innovative high tech companies, such as the Scheer Management Consulting & Solutions GmbH. He is forerunner and companion of the future project "Industry 4.0" initiated by the German federal government. The network of IT companies within the Scheer Group are actively participating in the implementation of projects along with well-known industry and research partners. For more information: www.august-wilhelm-scheer.com
LEADing Practice is the #1 provider of Enterprise Standards. Recognized as a paradigm shift by the global business, governmental and IT communities to empower through its Reference Content, a structured way of thinking, working, modeling and implementation - enabling organizations to innovate, transform, and deliver value. LEADing Practice is acknowledged as a new breed of interconnected enterprise standards concepts and has been adopted by many fortune 500 organizations as well as Governments. For more information: www.leadingpractice.com
Global University Alliance. Founded in 2004, the Global University Alliance is a non-profit organization and international consortium of university lecturers and researchers whose aim it is to provide a collaborative platform for academic research, analysis and development and to explore leading practices, best practices as well as to develop missing practices. The Global University Alliance currently consists of 400+ universities, lecturers and researchers from across the world and is growing rapidly in size and scope. For more information: www.globaluniversityalliance.net