Intellectual Property: ® Trademark and © Copyright
LEADing Practice ApS respects the intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks of others, and we ask others to do the same.
LEAD and LEADing Practice is a registered trademark. The trademark includes logos, illustrations, designs, symbols or slogans used to distinguish LEAD Frameworks, LEAD Methods, LEAD Approaches and supporting LEAD Tools and LEAD Templates, LEAD Enterprise Standards, LEAD Industry Standards, LEAD Conference, LEAD Research, LEAD Education, LEAD Titles and LEAD Practitioner Titles such as LEAD Enterprise Architect, LEAD eXpert, etc.
All information and materials contained in the LEADing Practice frameworks, methods and approaches with associated tools and templates, such as maps, matrices and models is Intellectual Property (IP) of LEADing Practice ApS and limitations apply to the reuse of this IP. The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) consists of information, knowledge, objects, artifacts, experience, insight and/or ideas, that are structured to enable reuse to deliver value creation and realization.
The LEADing Practice ApS intellectual property is protected by law, including, but not limited to, internationally recognized United States and European Union IPR copyright law. Except as specifically indicated otherwise in writing, LEADing Practice ApS is the owner of the copyright in the entire LEADing Practice content (including images, text and design attributes) and LEADing Practice ApS reserves all rights in that regard. Use or misuse of the IPR, the trademarks, service marks or logos is expressly prohibited and may violate country, federal and state law.
LEADing Practice ApS is an open architecture and open standard community and therefore provides open access to all deliverables for certified LEADing practitioners, thereby ensuring that modelling principles are applied correctly. An open architecture and open standard community has been set in place to encourage sharing, learning and reuse of information and thereby increase knowledge among LEADing practitioners, and with this ultimately improvement of ones project, engagement and the LEADing Practice development.
Use of the LEADing Practice frameworks, methods and approaches is restricted to certified LEADing Practice community members, in good practitioner standing, who are able to use these items solely for their non-commercial internal use. Legal access to the detail of LEADing Practice will be provided to you with your membership. Members are prohibited from sharing the LEADing Practice material in its entirety with other parties who are not members of LEADing Practice community since the concepts and models are protected by intellectual property rights.
For guidelines on the IP usage, please see the following information:
Guidelines for LEADing Practice community members using the IP material:
As a LEADing Practice member comes greater personal responsibility and the following intellectual property conditions apply:
- Can be used free of charge for LEAD certified practitioners.
- Cannot be share, copied or made available for non-community member, which are not certified LEADing practitioners.
- When using any materials, it must include a source notice – either in an adjacent area or as a footnote – to indicate the source. The source should be specified the following way: “Source: A part of LEADing Practice” and possibly indicate the LEADing Practice work product family, such as “Part of the LEAD Process Reference Framework”.
- Cannot be systematically “given away” – do not download all our content and simply hand it over to other colleagues or clients that are not trained and certified.
- To ensure correct usage, any company usage of the LEADing Practice material e.g. templates and tools has to be tailored and agreed upon by LEADing Practice ApS.
LEADing Practice ApS may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the access/accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights and pursue legal action.
Guidelines for non-LEADing Practice community members using the IP material:
The following conditions apply to use of the LEADing Practice Intellectual Property for non-community members:
- Can be used free of charge for lecturing and research at any University and Business School
- Material available at www.LEADingPractice.com can be used in a non-commercial way for knowledge sharing. When using any materials, it must include a source should be specified the following way: “Source: A part of LEADing Practice” and possibly indicate the LEADing Practice work product family, such as “Part of the LEAD Process Reference Framework”.
General guidelines that apply for all LEADing Practice IPR material:
- Cannot be used in a commercial consulting engagement with companies that are not engaged in the LEAD community.
- Any use of original texts, graphics, images, screen shots, and other materials from LEADing Practice sources must be approved by LEADing Practice ApS.
- Any material cannot be generally distributed to colleagues, clients and or an undefined audience without written permission from LEADing Practice ApS.
- Cannot be altered or changed (the using company) in any way without explicit written permission from LEADing Practice ApS.
- In most cases, the LEADing Practice ApS acts as a distribution channel for the Publisher(s) and Author(s) of the material provided.
LEADing Practice ApS may, in appropriate circumstances of infringement of the intellectual property rights pursue legal action. For questions, please get in touch with us by using the contact form.